Self delusion is my optimism

Friday, January 26, 2007

Sometimes you just hate it when some person wants to chip in to share a present for another friend.Just yesterday one of my friends sent me a message telling me its another friend,Gm's birthday.

He blatantly told me he knew bout it two days ago,and continued to ask me to get a present so he could chip in too.Seriously i don't see the point of him doing this,it's not as if i'm sitting my ass down on the couch with nothing to do.Who ain't busy nowadays?Presents don't have to be expensive or anything,though some people do mind.But at least it has to carry some thought and sincerity.

Where's the sincerity of asking to chip in when he can't get his ass out and buy the present with me,or why can't he spend like some time buying it himself if he already knows it earlier than me.My blood's boiling at the thought of yet again,being made used of,a source of convenience for people.I practically feel almost a sense of pity for my friend gm,at the thought of receiving a present that's just there for the sake of it.

Is friendship now just a matter of name's sake,or a label?Some people no longer get what it means by putting in effort.And others?They'd look at friends as a bunch of back-ups,and the word back-ups sounds nothing like music to my ears.And to think some people flamboyantly do it all the time.

A little more thought,a little more effort,and lots of sincerity.Trying to spend time with all my friends is almost impossible,i admit there are times when i'm callous.But at the very least,i'd still try my very best.Friendship is not a name,nor some shit label or brand,it has to have depth instead of being shallow and merely looked upon by the surface.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home